toller

"MikeK" wrote in message
On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 05:42:38 GMT, "toller" wrote:

"MikeK" wrote in message
. ..
On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 04:42:37 GMT, "toller" wrote:

You have to tell us what you want to use it for! It is well suited for
somethings, and not so good for others.

Well, I would like to make different kinds of boxes and new kitchen
drawers with it to start. What is it not suited well for.

It would be great for new kitchen drawers. If comes into it's own making
lot of exactly the same standard half blind dovetails; like what your
kitchen drawers will need. Though the 16" capacity will be wasted. Maybe
smaller, cheaper, jig will be okay for that also, but none have the
reassuring mass of an omnijig. (The 24" weighs 60 pounds; I don't know
about
the 16".)

It is not so good with creative variable stuff. Some of the other, more
complicated, jigs do that better.

PC has, or will have soon, a new model 4212 12" deluxe Jig. The PC
site makes it sound good. I'll wait till I can actually look at the
12" deluxe and the 16" Omnijig (if I can find them at Lowes or HD).

Yeh, I read the description. It is sheet steel instead of cast aluminum.
Might be as good, or might just be the same as all the cheapies.