toller

"Chuck Hoffman" wrote in message
Just finished making a new crosscut sled. Cut a piece of 3/8" X 3/4" oak
for the miter slot runner, carpet-taped it to the back of the 1/2" ply
sled
bottom and attached it in place with screws. Cut a piece if hard maple
for
the fence, screwed down one end and squared it up with my accurate framing
square. Clamped it in place and installed another screw to secure the
other
end then put a third screw in the middle. Trimmed off the edge of the
sled
and test cut some wide plywood panels. They came out perfect. Flipped
them
over to check and they were still perfect.

First time I've EVER gotten it right on the first try.

You did better than me. Mine is off by about a half degree. I have to fix
it, but haven't gotten around to it.