Jeff Wisnia

Rettgerinc wrote:
Hello Everybody,
Merry Christmas from Pittsburgh, PA

It is getting cold here! And I just started a new job with a company that
does plumbing, heating, and cooling (I am not the plumber for I studied the
heating and cooling and refrigeration)

Big question!
When the outside temps cause the various inside pipes to freeze and there are
both hot and cold pipes that have similar exposure, is the hot pipe going to
freeze first?

If there are significant periods of time when water is not flowing
through the hot pipes, i.e. no "hot" faucets are opened and the system
does not use a circulating pump or a thermosyphon loop to provide
"quicker hot water", then there will be no difference in the freezing time.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)