Forger

On 24 Dec 2004 12:37:52 GMT, ( Doug Goncz ) wrote:

Bricks are 9 x 4.5 x 2.5. These are very light,
off-white yellowish and are little bros of what they use on Shuttles to
insulate.

Then I simply must stock an R-Kive box of them!

Teri and I had to split my box of eight fireplace firebricks when we moved me
on Wednesday via U-haul (three miles from U-haul, one block to new address).
They got a little heavier over the years, as did my midsection. Must be
abosorption of atmospheric moisture on the bricks, and ambient fat on the
latter....

I just stack mine in various configurations with preplaced spelter and flux to
braze with a few HF high output torches. Looking forward to having a patio in
the new place and not having to shut down the smoke detector during brazing.
Looking forward to having *four* torches for maximum heat input.

Do torches ruin such high-tech bricks?

The bricks he's talking about are super light, like styrofoam almost.
Flux eats them instantly. Ive used them for sides of forges, but
koawool is better. They should be perfect for the oven though.

Oven interior is 9 long x 4 wide x 4.5 tall. P

But that's the size of a brick. Didn't you investigate stacking geometries?
Mechanical strength comes from interlocking, overlapping bricks. Sounds kinda
overly-linear....

I tolerance everything and tolerate everyone.
I love: Dona, Jeff, Kim, Kimmie, Mom, Neelix, Tasha, and Teri, alphabetically.
I drive: A double-step Thunderbolt with 657% range.
I fight terrorism by: Using less gasoline.