Tom

"Peter" wrote:During rainy season my crawspace usually have several puddles of
water.
Since there is no visible leak, I assume this is from rain water seeping
through the lawn and then into the foundation. The puddles are no more than
1.5 inches deep and are not usually visible at a glance because black
plastic sheets cover the entire crawlspace they tend to float on top of the
puddles.

At one corner of the crawlspace is a 1-foot long, 4-inch diameter black
plastic pipe with a cap that leads outside the foundation. This pipe is at
the end of what looks like a man-made water channel. I assume this is a
water drain. There is no puddle around this area.

The house is built in 1985, is there a code that mandates a crawlspace
drain? I'm wondering if I need to do something about the puddles or if it's
ok as long as they don't get worse.

How's the ventilation down there? I'd be concerned about water infiltrating my
foundation...Check for a good grade slope away from the house, all your gutter
downspouts lead well away from the foundation, etc.. Tom
Work at your leisure!