Just Dad

"rf" wrote
I am adding a garage attached to my house. Because I'm handicapped I must
have the garage level with the house and can't put a step between the

garage
and the house. Apparently code requires a step up to the house to avoid
carbon monoxide escaping fromj the garage into into the house.

I have room for a very small "mudroom" between the house and the garage

but
this doesn't obviate the requirement for the step. Can anyone think of
another way to prevent carbon monoxide infiltration from the garage to the
house?

Any advice would be appreciated.

RF

Unless you absolutely need a totally enclosed garage, you could build a
covered parking area attached. I believe as long as two ends are not
enclosed, it should comply.