Eric

the vertical & horizontal should be the same so .......

on a old TV or turn the brightness down disconnect the vertical yoke and
connect to 0-30 volt power supply and measure the current.

"Monty Hall" wrote in message
m...
Just curious how much current is required in the deflection yoke coil for a
full scale displacement of the dot? Are we talking in the mA or A range
for a typical - let say ~20" - tube? I've seen vertical deflection
circuitry specs around 3A p-p. Does the yolk really require this much
current to reach full scale dot displacement for a sweep?

Trying to get a rough guestimate of measurement bandwidth should I use the
TV as an oscilloscope given the limitations of the voltage to current
circuitry. Was going to implement V to I circuitry using high voltage and
slew op-amps. It's not looking too hot - those coils really screw you. A
TV oscope - that makes no linearity adjustments and has no bells and
whistles - with a bandwidth in the 10's to 100's kHz is pretty crappy. If
the yoke current range is in the amp range, I'm really hosed - not that I
expected a high performance scope...

Thanks,

Monty