Lowell Holmes

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message
Mike in Mystic wrote:

the wheel diameter is 8 inches, but I think you'd need a jig to do planer
and jointer knives accurately. I've heard that Veritas is going to come
out
with such a jig at some point, but not sure when that will be. The
Tormek
(so I'm told) does these tools very well, so that's another reason for
getting one.

I've seen very mixed reviews on the Tormek plus they just seem terribly
overpriced to me...

The planer/jointer knife jig attachment is 2/3-rds the price of the
sharpener or thereabouts...

Anybody got any input on the Makita flat wheel system?

Google Steve Knight . . . . . . . . . . :-)