Duane Bozarth

Dick Fitzwell wrote:

...-- a Dewalt 735 portable planer. ...
My one question regards some lines running parallel to the grain on an
otherwise perfect finish. They are not terribly noticebale, but you can
definitely feel them if you run a finger across the board. They showed up on
both the soft and hard wood. They appear to be pretty regular. At first, I
thought the knives were nicked, but I checked them out and they appear to be
smooth and sharp.

Are they ridges or dents?

If ridges there almost has to be a tiny knick...if dents there's a small
deposit on either the rollers or material on the tables. Particularly
easy to get w/ pine owing to the sap.

Regarding your last comment -- no power planer is going to leave an
absolute mirror finish although it is amazing the quality of finish some
of these small guys can do...