MikeG

In article dDVyd.2510$Y57.2393@trnddc08,
says...
Hi, all,

Got an early Christmas present -- a Dewalt 735 portable planer. Not too
shabby for my first planer. I have run a couple boards (pine and maple)
through it, and everything appears to be dead on out of the box.

My one question regards some lines running parallel to the grain on an
otherwise perfect finish. They are not terribly noticebale, but you can
definitely feel them if you run a finger across the board. They showed up on
both the soft and hard wood. They appear to be pretty regular. At first, I
thought the knives were nicked, but I checked them out and they appear to be
smooth and sharp.

As I said, I am a planer novice. Should I expect this kind of preformance,
or is something wrong with the planer? These lines will sand out easily, but
I thought I was supposed to get a mirror smooth finish with this planer.

Thanks for your wise counsel.

Ho, ho, ho,
Mr. Fitzwell

Whether you saw them or not you have a nick there. Shift, if possible on
that unit, one blade slightly to one side or the other.
--
MikeG
Heirloom Woods