Michael Mcneil

"Tony Eva" wrote in message

So as far as I can tell, this floor movement can only be explained by
some of the joists actually shrinking by about 2-3% on their vertical
axis. What do others think? Is this normal, and if so, how much
shrinkage can I expect? How long will it last - i.e. how long should I
wait before starting to repair the tiling and shower tray waterproofing?

The other explanation is that the wall is rising. If it is a stud wall I
imagine it has. Have a look in the loft to try an see if the trusses
have been pushed up at the spot.

I have no idea how that might be overcome, if it is the problem.