BigWallop

"Tony Eva" wrote in message ...
(Long post - sorry)

This year I had a double-storey extension done on my house. It was
started in April, finished in August.

snipped
wait before starting to repair the tiling and shower tray waterproofing?

Tony

It might just be the timbers shrinking in the cold weather Tony. The small
spaces are appearing normally for a new build, that's why builders come back
after months not weeks to do any snagging work on a new build. Small gaps
could appear in plasterboard joints over the next few months. Skirting
boards may appear to have lifted off the floor by a few millimetres.
Chipboard flooring may show signs of opening up at the joints by a couple of
millimetres. These are all perfectly normal on something as new and heavy
as an extension.

If you'd said that the skirting board had fallen off, or that it had risen
up the wall by a few centimetres, then I would have worried about your
build. But for a couple of millimetres of movement over such a short period
of time after completion, it's nothing un-normal about it.