Damian Menscher

Jim Adney wrote:
On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 04:47:04 +0000 (UTC) Damian Menscher
wrote:
Jim Adney wrote:

How about 547? Does that sound any more familiar? ;-)

No, it's definitely a 647. Got it right here in front of me. Looks
to be one of the earlier ones, judging by the serial number.

It has a strange malfunction which I've been trying (unsuccessfully)
to correct for the past 10 years or so. I'll start a new thread about
that, though, since it has little to do with this thread.

Is this a solid state scope?

Yup, but it still uses tubes as rectifiers in the CRT supply. It's
kind of a weird hybrid, since everything else is solid state. I'm
guessing they either didn't have solid state diodes that could handle
the HV, or they thought the tubes would give a smoother output.

I should take some pictures of it... I get the feeling this was a rare
one. Even Google the Omniscient doesn't have pics of it.

Damian Menscher
--
-=#| Physics Grad Student & SysAdmin @ U Illinois Urbana-Champaign |#=-
-=#| 488 LLP, 1110 W. Green St, Urbana, IL 61801 Ofc217)333-0038 |#=-