James Sweet

"NSM" wrote in message news:%ZMyd.13614$nN6.3457@edtnps84...

"Zephy" wrote in message
ups.com...
| A flagwaving issue - is that related to the jingoism issue?
|
| I couldn't get any of them to work with a DVD source (a PowerBook
| laptop running a DVD - that's all I have). In any case, it's more than
| jitters at the top of the screen: neither horizontal or vertical sync.
| work. They roll in both direction, at increasing or irregular rates,
| and there is and increase/decrease in brightness.
|
| I noticed on the two that don't work properly that the TDA1180P IC is
| getting very warm - almost too hot to touch

That seems odd. I wouldn't have expected those would get hot.

| while with the two that
| work, they don't get very warm.
|
| I think it's time to order some of those chips. Who would you suggest
| trying? DigiKey?

http://www.electronix.com/catalog/pr...oducts_id/9920

shows them at $2.49 ea. But I warn you that replacing them may not be the
solution. You are still guessing. It's possible that some other part has
failed causing symptoms and overheating.

NM

I would say not just possible but probable.