Edwin Pawlowski

Bob wrote:

My 24" Sharp TV periodically turns dark. The way I get it to come back to
normal screen is to smack it real hard on the side of the cabinet. It
will
then be all right for a week or two then it happens again and then I
smack
it again. What is your opinion of this problem, is it on its way out,
and
is it worth repairing.
Thank you all for your help.

Most any repair is going to be $50 to $150. How old is the set? How much
is a new one with better features?

If the TV is fairly new would cost $500 to replace, get if fixed. If it is
five years old and can be replaced by a WalMart $129 model, bang it until it
dies and buy a new one.

The price of the LCD models is coming down. Nice pictures on them!