Zephy

A flagwaving issue - is that related to the jingoism issue?

I couldn't get any of them to work with a DVD source (a PowerBook
laptop running a DVD - that's all I have). In any case, it's more than
jitters at the top of the screen: neither horizontal or vertical sync.
work. They roll in both direction, at increasing or irregular rates,
and there is and increase/decrease in brightness.

I noticed on the two that don't work properly that the TDA1180P IC is
getting very warm - almost too hot to touch - while with the two that
work, they don't get very warm.

I think it's time to order some of those chips. Who would you suggest
trying? DigiKey?