Mike in Mystic

the wheel diameter is 8 inches, but I think you'd need a jig to do planer
and jointer knives accurately. I've heard that Veritas is going to come out
with such a jig at some point, but not sure when that will be. The Tormek
(so I'm told) does these tools very well, so that's another reason for
getting one.

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message
Mike in Mystic wrote:

I have a Veritas MKII power sharpening system - which is similar in many
ways to the lapsharp. I think it is absolutely the best sharpening tool
for
beveled edge tools - mainly chisels and plane irons for me. The jig that
is
used with it allows for easy and accurate setting of bevel angles - I'm
not
sure if the lapsharp has such a jig or not. Anyway, the MKII is probably
less than half the price of the lapsharp, and I don't really see why the
lapsharp can justify that much of a premium.

What width of planer/jointer knives could be handled?