Mark Jerde

Roy Smith wrote:

The only time you really need the power and tension is when you're
resawing, and when you're resawing, there's usually very little
material on one side of the blade. So, it seems to me you could
solve the frame flexing problem by having a removable strut which
could be fitted as a compression member between the upper frame and
the table when resawing.

I've never seen such a thing on a bandsaw, but I find it hard to
believe nobody else has thought of it before me. Does such a thing
exist?

File the patent. This looks like one of those "Why didn't I think of
that???" things. ;-)

-- Mark