ATP

"Trevor Jones" wrote in message
Backlash wrote:

My wife has a lucrative job advancement that requires us to move to

another
county, so she has been searching for us a house there that will suit

the
need, but also with enough land to allow me to build a new, larger

workshop.
She searched the Internet and found a house in the right area 5 miles

from
town that was being offered by government as a past foreclosure and

surplus
property, and was up for bids. It's 2464 sq ft, 4 bedroom, 4 bathrooms,

two
septic tanks, sunken living room, bay window, two sunken dens, one with
fireplace, carport, concrete surfaced parking for 4 cars, corner lot in

the
country. Side road is dead end. Lot is 150 wide by 300 feet deep along

the
side road. Country store with $1.73 gas is one mile away. Obligatory

metal
content is that the house has nails in it, and will be a "front" for my
workshop operation. The house is insurance appraised at $167,000, and we
closed on it with a bid of $81,200. New carpet, floorcoverings, and a

little
paint, and it'll be ready to move into. I've made lots of good machinery
deals before, but I sure didn't expect to get such a deal as this on a
house!
The semi trailer I just purchased is loaded with my entire workshop,
parked in the back yard of my present home, ready to go. A
marriage-challenged friend just bought my old workshop property two

weeks
ago with cash, and I rolled it right over into the new house. Things is
lookin' up! New shop on the horizon!

Pic at
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...antR/house.jpg

RJ

And you DID check to see if it had a history as a grow op house.... ie.
potential severe mold problems, among other things.

Hope it works out better than that, but better to have checked than be
burned.

Good Luck!

Cheers
Trevor Jones

He can buy a lot of bleach and sheetrock with the money he saved, even if it
does have mold........