Dennis Turner

Bob wrote:

My 24" Sharp TV periodically turns dark. The way I get it to come back to a
normal screen is to smack it real hard on the side of the cabinet. It will
then be all right for a week or two then it happens again and then I smack
it again. What is your opinion of this problem, is it on its way out, and
is it worth repairing.
Thank you all for your help.

It is my belief that your television set has developed masochistic
tendencies. It has come to enjoy being smacked by you. Thus it will
continue to act up so that you will smack it some more. Throw it out
NOW. No good can possibly come of this situation.