Owain

"Kalico" wrote
| But if I did seal the sockets I would have to let the inspector
| into the house to view the arrangement -

You can hold the TV set up to the window. Or take a photo of the sealed
sockets, keep one copy to show the inspector, and post the other to yourself
in a sealed envelope.

You can then produce the sealed sockets in evidence in the future, and the
postmarked envelope with its photo of *identical* sealed sockets at a point
in time past, to show that your sockets were and have remained sealed and
the set has been unable to be used for broadcast reception.

Owain