willshak

On 12/23/2004 7:01 PM US(ET), Howard Goldstein took fingers to keys, and
typed the following:

On 22 Dec 2004 14:39:17 GMT, Ed Clarke wrote:
: In article , Howard Goldstein wrote:
:
: Some of the pipes are outdoors though and the CPVC manufacturer
: recommends shielding them from UV to avoid brittleness. A "water
: based paint" of some unspecified type is an allowable covering.
:
: Any outdoor LATEX paint is water based. Benjamin Moore makes a good
: paint. Unless you have a huge amount of above ground pipes, you'll
: probably get away with just a quart of paint and a quart of primer.
: Pick a dark color - it cuts down on UV better.

Thank you Ed, I'll look for the good paint. Do you think I'll be able
to get decent UV veiling with with multiple coats of a lighter color
on top of the primer to avoid a dark color? Or would a primer+darker
color+primer+lighter color be better in that the outside of my home is
painted off-white and the pipes would look funky if they weren't a
close match.

I'm lost in all of this conversation. Where the hell is pvc pipe, used
for water, above ground?
I have a couple of grey electrical conduit pipes exposed for about 16"
before they go into the ground, but no water pipes, pvc or otherwise.

--
Bill