The Natural Philosopher

Mark Wood wrote:

Probably a FAQ but here goes...

What is the relative HEAT output from one of these bulbs?
I'm presuming a '20W Energy use/100w Brightness' saver bulb puts out little
heat and is perfectly safe to use with a '60W Max' dangly paper lampshade.

But wanted to check... :+/

Think that incandescent bulbs are about 1% efficeint, so 60W bulb is
about 59.5W heat.

Think the energy ones are about 3 times trhat - so maybe 3 rtimes as
efficeint, at 3%, so 20W in abouty 19watts out...

They bulb makers lie buy the way. I have 60W lights and 60W equivalent,
outside, and I'd say the 60W bulbs are ten times brighter.