The Natural Philosopher

Kalico wrote:

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 00:20:57 -0000, "Mike" wrote:

"Grunff" wrote in message

Harvey Van Sickle wrote:

You need a licence if you "install *or* use" (my emphasis) equipment
which can receive broadcast programme services. That includes not only
the tuner inside your telly, but also the tuner inside your video; it
would also include a PC card, which is another "tuner".

I don't believe this is true. It is what the TV Licensing often tell
you, but that doesn't make it true.

Agreed. There was a case brought some time ago for a TV used as part of a
security camera system and the case was thrown out of court. If you don't
use it for TV then you don't need a licence.

However as the OP admits he does watch videos on it then he does need a
licence.

I do not use videos of broadcast stuff though, only pre-recorded.

Would not seem to to matter. You need the licence to _record_ broadcast
material.
..

Replace 'spam' with 'org' to reply