Peter Scott

Default Growing sugar or salt crystals in a jam jar

The largest singlw salt (NaCl) crystal I managed to grow just fitted into
one of those individual jam/marmalade jars used by hotels. Don't use

normal
table/cooking salt - too many additives - try dishwasher salt instead.

These might be of some use:
http://www.seawhy.com/xl.html
http://trc.ucdavis.edu/Coursepages/E...vities/gc.html
http://www.unmuseum.org/excrys.htm

Thanks. I hadn't thought that table salt would be that impure
nor that DW salt is pure. I'll definitely try crystals of salt.

BTW slow evaporation works best. Get a super solution
then leave in a steady temp for a few weeks. Copper sulphate
is brilliant but you might not get hold of it.

Peter Scott