The Natural Philosopher

Harvey Van Sickle wrote:

On 22 Dec 2004, wrote

I believe the journalist Jonathan Miller is waging a war against
the TV Licencing people.

His website is:
http://www.tvlicensing.biz

The key info you are after is at:
http://www.tvlicensing.biz/info_on_t...sing/index.htm

To summarise:

You do NOT need a TV Licence for owning any kind of TV
receiver/VCR/Satellite receiver/PC with TV-TCard [PC/TV] etc.

When you only use a TV for:
- playing video games
- watch pre-recorded videos [VCR/DVD]*
- closed circuit monitoring [CCD]
- displaying -for example- presentations using your PC
Then "again" you do NOT need a TV licence.

That's true, but I think it's been established that you have to show
that the TV's ability to receive programmes has been disabled -- not
just that you state "I don't use it for that purpose".

No, you don't have to, but it helps destroy their case.

Otherwise its your word against theirs, and most likely any magistrate
will feel that you should have one. very few magistrates know the law.

You could take it to a high court of course, but that is expensive.