oparr

Thanks Bill.

"william_b_noble" wrote in message
news:1103823293.2583dff7c038f4d3af049c4f851e0f36@t eranews...
I wouldn't worrry about it - set a current limit to not exceed the motor's
max current and you'll be OK. voltage doesn't really matter to a DC motor
unless you exceed the insulation breakdown voltage, it's the current that
matters. When run from a battery or a uncontrolled source, voltage and
current and RPM are all related, but with a servo drive, you can set the
current limit which will control the voltage appropriately. I wouldn't
want
to put much over 100VDC on a 12V motor, but I woldn't worry about 20 or
30VDC
bill

"oparr" wrote in message
Anybody using a G320 drive with a 12V servo motor? How risky is this?
G320
specs state 18V as minimum voltage and voltage should not exceed motor

rated
voltage by more than 5V. Would forward/reversed biased diodes in parallel
connected in series with each armature lead be wise or not necessary? I'm
about to call Gecko but the more help the better.