Stefek Zaba

Andy wrote:
The upstairs lights in our house are wired such that the cables from the
light fittings and the switches all go back to a central point. This in
itself is OK but at this central point all of the neutrals are joined in
a single (32A) choc block connector and all of the lives to the switches
are the same. The switched live to the lights are individualy connected
again with choc blocks. These are all enclosed in a plastic box.

I want to change the choc block/plastic box connectors for something
more suitable but can't find anything when looking through TLC, CPC etc.
I guess there must be some form of box available that has a live and
neutral bus (like a consumer unit but without any circuit breakers) so
that the individual wires can each have their own connection, and
multiple individual connectors. Any pointers would be greatfully received.

Andy

If you've room for a DIN-rail box, and want things to look (and be ;-)
neat, then an arrangement with Zeta commoning blocks for your N, E, and
permement-L-feeds, while using "ordinary" DINrail terminals for your
individual switch-returns, would give you a neat arrangement.

If you're not sure what I'm whiffling on about, pop over to rswww.com
and incant "388-2811" into the Search box for an instance of
DIN-rail-mounting commoning blocks, and "220-4131" for ornery DIN-rail
terminals.

HTH - Stefek