Clint

This type of setup is common on a stove, right? 240 for the stove heating
elements, and 110 for the lights/clock?

Personally, I'm thinking of this for my tablesaw/router (router built into
tablesaw wing). It would be handy to just have one cordt to trip over,
rather than two. But I don't know if you can get 4 wire extension cables.
Haven't switched my saw over to 240 yet, so that hasn't been a problem. And
since I'm wiring my garage up with 20 amp circuits, I might not bother.

Clint

"Greg" wrote in message
If the breaker is double pole and the cable is 4 wire you can do it.
Don't share the neutral and ground!
They even make a combo 120/240v duplex receptacle for this.