Cicero

Default Growing sugar or salt crystals in a jam jar

"D.M. Procida" wrote in
message
My children were talking about salt and sugar crystals this morning at
breakfast, which awoke a dim memory in my mind of doing stuff with
copper sulphate.

Would it be possible to get a decent sugar or salt crystal in the
following way?

saturate near-boiling water with sugar/salt
suspend a thread with a knot at the end (to provide a convenient forming
place for the crystals) in the liquid
allow it to cool slowly

Daniele
--

I seem to remember that sugar was sold in 'strings' in France formed by the

Cic.