George

Insurance company likes pictures of the nameplates with serial and model #.
For the rest, include a bit more background so they can be seen as
indisputably resident at the same time in your shop.

I've scanned all the old family pictures, including the backs (for facing
pages) with mom or dad's notation. Put on a CD, they have been distributed
to the family so everyone can share the heritage, if not the real photos.
That, and some tapes of the old folks before they go can really be a great
family gift.

wrote in message
Wife showed me two keepsakes she keeps as momentos of her folks. A
ceramic painted 5" sphere with holes for stems of whatever flower and
a ceramic dog that her father bought to remind him of the dog that
adopted him that they had for years. I suggested taking a picture of
each to put on an envelope with the history of the item inside for the
kids when they get the items during estate distribution. Same concept
could be used for tools, jewelry, furniture, whatever.