Jmagerl

I'd also check for a cracked solder joint on the picture tube socket
(filament pins).

"GTO69RA4" wrote in message
My 24" Sharp TV periodically turns dark. The way I get it to come back to
normal screen is to smack it real hard on the side of the cabinet. It will
then be all right for a week or two then it happens again and then I smack
it again. What is your opinion of this problem, is it on its way out, and
is it worth repairing.
Thank you all for your help.

99% of the time it's a loose connection, probably a bad solder joint on
the
flyback where it's connected to the board. Not a time-consuming thing to
fix.
I've do all my own, but I think the last person I talked to who had this
done
said it was $40.

I would, however, recommend that a tech fix this if didn't have the
experience
to diagnose it in the first place. Not safe. It's very easy to get killed
with
the electricity stored in the tube and power caps.

GTO(John)