Edwin Pawlowski

Mike Hartigan wrote:
I've just installed my 3rd sump pump in 14 years. Granted, that's
probably better than some, but since high water is typically not a
problem in my neighborhood, I think I should get more life out of
these pumps.

What failed? A sump pump consists of a motor and a pump attached to it. Is
the pump freezing up, debris getting into it? Is the motor failing?

Yes, you can set it on blocks (we do that) and it keeps crap from getting
sucked into them and extends the life. Periodic cleaning of the sump is
necessary also.

You should get a lot more life from them. We use a couple at work and run
them 16 to 24 hours a day and they last for about 5 years. We buy Zoeller
pumps.