Adrian Brentnall

Default Ticking noise from Aiwa compact cd system

Hi All

My compact Aiwa system (all-in-one CD / tape & tuner) has developed
an annoying 'ticking' sound when it is playing CDs.

If I was listening at normal levels I guess it wouldn't be such a
problem - but the setup is used to provide low-level background music
during spiritual healing sessions.... and it's a bit distracting

The ticking seems to go away about 15 minutes into the CD - and seems
common to all CDs - as in a mechanical sound rather than something on
a particular cd.

Any ideas ? I'm OK on general electronics but not clued up on these
new-fangled CD devices g. This particular unit is probably 6 years
old....

Thanks
Adrian
Suffolk UK