Just got a message back from my Pellet Stove vender:

"You can burn as big a flame as you want as long as the flame is
"vibrant, bright yellow, and white."

Thanks!

wrote:
I have a pellet stove and not very happy with the amount of heat
generated. I went back to the dealer and they have the flames so

darn
high that it is "licking" the top of the plate inside the combustion
chamber. They said it was normal and that is the way you generate

the
heat. It reminded me of a small controlled forest fire! All you

could
see was flame!!!!! I have to say one thing - it was definately
generated heat! I stop'd by another place and they said the flame
shouldn't exceed 6 inches above the burn pot. Now I am really
confused. Any suggestions?

Thanks!