Rob Morley

In article , "Kalico"
says...
On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 08:59:12 +0000, Ian White
wrote:

Dave Liquorice wrote:

The only real way is not to have any broadcast receiving apparatus, so
use a monitor not a TV to watch your videos, played from a machine that
also does not have any broadcast receiving circuitry.

All of which is easier, or cheaper, to say than to do.

A simple solution might be to physically seal the aerial sockets of the
TV and VCR by filling them with epoxy or hot-melt glue; and of course to
remove any unused TV aerial from outside the house.

I like that idea and did consider squirting some GripFil in there but
thought that was a bit drastic since I will want to use it for TV at
some point in the future (and yes, will buy a license then).

The easiest reversible way to disable reception is to solder a wire
across the terminals on the back of the aerial socket, although
that's not visible from the outside of the case. Of course you'll
also need a non-RF input to use the TV for non-broadcast video.