Bob Eager

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 13:12:22 UTC, Stefek Zaba
wrote:

Bob Eager wrote:

Not exactly. There is a provision for televisions used (inter alia) by
students living away from home, and (I believe) caravanners.

The "student" exemption was withdrawn a good while ago (20 years back?)

Sorry, what I meant was that students can only use the 'batteries'
exemption - I know students who do.

I'm pretty sure (from memory) that the batteries have to be 'internal'.

That, I think, is the case - "solely powered by internal batteries". It
would take dedication of a uk.d-i-y variety to make up a spaceframe
around the bulk of an existing TV set, with two or four deep-discharge
lead-acid batteries, layered in photovoltaic cells to keep 'em topped up ;-)

I did actually wonder about covering that point! Dunno about multiple
sets of rechargeable, exchangeable batteries, tho'!

--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...dump Windows!