Stefek Zaba

Frank Erskine wrote:

The whole idea of an "interview" is to establish facts, for or
against, an accusation of an offence. Indeed, an interview is your
chance to prove yourself innocent!

"To prove yourself innocent", Frank? Funny, I thought the basis for most
criminal charges was that it was the *prosecution's* job to prove the
accused guilty. To a standard of "beyond reasonable doubt, moreover.

Yes, there are "strict liability" offences - failure to display a valid
road-fund licence disc (or whatever they're called this year) is one
such. The attempt by the TV licencing people to create the impression
that merely being a householder requires possession of a TV licence is
what we're objecting to in this thread...