Stefek Zaba

Ian Middleton wrote:

Had a whole variety in interesting stories and escapades of people trying to
dodge. Most either paid or ended up paying a lot more through the courts.
One story I remember is he called at a house door opened, could hear
Eastenders music playing, bloke shouted to wife "its the TV inspector guy
come to see that we don't have a TV dear". Lot of shuffling in lounge. He
went into lounge and sure enough no TV. But in the corner of the room on top
of a "TV unit" was a perfectly TV shaped mark in the dust and patch was
warm. Bloke could offer no explanation. After a lot of commotion in kitchen
found the blokes wife trying to stuff a "warm to the touch" TV into a
cupboard. £800 fine I think in the end.

Hilarious. Oh how we laughed.

And from exposure to people behaving badly and stupidly like this, the
organisation as a whole becomes aggressively convinced we're *all* lying
scrotes - especially, I suspect, now that it's been Outsourced on
commercial terms: the one remark I made, having stayed calm throughout
the phone conversation, which made the Centrica-acting-as-TVLA person
raise their voice and become unprofessionally defensive, was to suggest
they had some sort of targets for sending out their YOU SHOULD PAY
letters...