Tony Manella

I don't use sharpies as even the extra fine point is way to fat. I started
using the Pigma when I saw a demo by Jacques Vesery, he signs all of his
pieces with one of these. He could write his name so small I could barely
read it. Again, I have never had any smearing, blurring or fading with
these markers in the four years I have been using them.

I write very poorly also so I print all of the information so it is legible.
I practiced a bit to get better before I signed any pieces. Printing allows
you to go as slow as you need.
Tony Manella
ndd1"at"prolog.net (remove "at")
http://home.ptd.net/~ndd1/
Lehigh Valley Woodturners
http://www.lehighvalleywoodturners.com/

"Tony Manella" ndd1 at prolog.net wrote in message
Hi Alun,
I don't recommend the pen while using a friction polish but with any other
finish I've tried; pure tung oil, tung oil finish, danish oil, shellac,
lacquer, polyurethane, walnut oil, mineral oil and bees wax, I've never

had
a problem.
Tony Manella
ndd1"at"prolog.net (remove "at")
http://home.ptd.net/~ndd1/
Lehigh Valley Woodturners
http://www.lehighvalleywoodturners.com/

"Alun Saunders" wrote in message
Thanks for all the suggestions folks. The jury is still out on what
method to use as I have no experience at all with pyrography (pens) or
whatever. My handwriting isn't that good at the best of times, and I
suspect that using an unwieldy writing instrument as well would make the
end result worse, thus somewhat negating the point of marking my work at
all! The idea of using a very fine marker pen and finishing on top of it
appeals, but I wonder whether the finish (depending on what is used)
might make the writing run.

--
Alun