Mark D. Zacharias

I'm not finding this info on this model. I guess you tried the "channel-up"
or "channel down" while plugging in, this changes tuning steps on some Sony
models.
A Yamaha receiver I worked on did this - it was a bad micro, since the
tuning region options were hard-wired with jumpers.

Mark Z.

"Andy Cuffe" wrote in message
This Sony STR-GX10ES receiver works great apart from the tuner seems
to be in the wrong mode. It tunes from 79-90 MHz on FM and 522-1611
kHz on AM in 9kHz steps. I think this is the Japanese FM band.
There's no obvious switch for changing tuning modes and I'm sure this
receiver was made for the US market (120V with the manual in English).
It doesn't respond to the key combination that's supposed to switch
between 9kHz and 10kHz AM spacing. Is there a key combination for
changing it back to US tuning mode? I remember seeing such
combinations in the service manuals to other Sony receivers, but I
don't have the service manual to this one.
Andy Cuffe