Stephen Moore

snip

I went to the store yesterday and bought 6 bottles of Pepsi in the 2 liter
size. The cashier asked me if I wanted them all in bags. I said why would
you ask me that and she said some people like to carry them loose.
So I told her that it made no sense for me to carry 6 of those big bottles
without bags.
I also had 3 half gallons of milk,too
Like I want to carry all of that stuff loose? oh brother!

Those recycled bags must cost .0001 each. If she manages to talk
10,000 customers out of them, and the are 10 checkers working at any
one time, well, let's see the store saves......

At another store the kid was sweeping the floor around some tables where
people eat. Then he began to sweep the tables with the same broom he used
for the floor. The other workers had to tell him not to do that. duh!!!
They told him to go get cleanser and use a fresh clean cloth.
Marina

I've always wondered if this is because the schools have stopped
teaching the story problems I had as a kid (50's and 60's)?. We were
taught to think or at least the effort was made. The ones that go.
If Sally had 3 quarts of ice cream and wanted to give Nancy 1/3 and
save the rest for Billy, how many planets would completely rotate
around the sun by the time most kids today would figure it out?

An interesting interview question I read about once was "if a room is
9x12 with an 8 foot ceiling, how many pennies could be stacked in that
room?" The interviewer's purpose was not testing the applicant for
the answer, rather he wanted the applicant to explain to him how he
would calculate the answer, ie, his thinking process. More of this
needs to be taught and re-inforced in the government schools today,
but we all know that's not going to happen. If the answer is not A,
B, C, or none of the above, they're lost.

SteveM