Nicolaas Hawkins

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 02:58:36 GMT, NSM wrote in

"Jim Adney" wrote in message
| On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 00:45:45 GMT "NSM" wrote:
|
|That's why they pay engineers the big bucks. Hope the engineer for that
new
|French bridge got the math right!
|
| Yeah, really! The photos I've seen look absolutely beautiful.
|
| There's a much less challenging bridge in LeHavre that is still
| gorgeous, as well as breathtaking when you realize how high you will
| be going on it.

I wonder if it will be like the Mackinac Bridge in Northern Michigan where
people just freeze when they have to drive over it. "Each year hundreds of
drivers suffering from agoraphobia (fear of high places) seek help from
bridge personnel to drive their vehicles over the bridge for them". Some of
them hide in the rear with a blanket over their heads!

NM

Agoraphobia is the fear of open spaces, not high places.

--
Regards,
Nicolaas.

.... The harm we do is more noticed than any good we do.