Franc Zabkar

On 22 Dec 2004 22:09:46 -0800, "Zephy" put
finger to keyboard and composed:

What am I using to generate the video signal? Just an ordinary VCR.
Again, two of the monitors work fine, two have this unstable picture.
- Z

Does the monitor sync with a DVD source? If it does, then I would
suspect some kind of flagwaving issue. This usually shows up as
horizontal jitters at the top of the screen. The TDA1180P IC has a
Time Constant Switch pin (12) and a Coincidence Detector pin (11)
which can be forced to accommodate VCR sources.

From the datasheet:
http://www.ortodoxism.ro/datasheets/...onics/1191.pdf

"To optimize the behaviour of the IC if a video recorder is used, the
state of the [coincidence] detector can be forced by connecting Pin 11
to earth or to + VS."

- Franc Zabkar