TURTLE

"David W." wrote in message
. ..
"TURTLE" wrote in news:32r08lF3p4kosU1
@individual.net:

In 1984 Vent fans type furnacers were rare.

TURTLE

In every furnace I've seen, the blower is activated by the fan controller
burner doesn't ignite, the blower will never come on. I'm sure that's what
lead the poster to which you responded to assume that the "blower" the OP
reported must be a forced draft fan.

This is Turtle.

My terminology may have miss lead you here. When I say a vent fan type furnace
it is a vent fan used just to pull the flames through the fire chamber and not
to blow air in the house. The main blower does this. On these furnaces you have
to have the vent fan running to get the flames to go through the fire chamber.

TURTLE