Lane

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in
message ...
How does a soda can manufacturer print the logo and info on an aluminum
can? I thought maybe they were color anodized at first because they are so
durable, but after closer inspection and playing around, I think it is
some kind of super durable ink spray or silk screen process.

Acetone doesn't touch it and even a wire wheel takes a slow or deliberate
pass to remove it all.

Anyone know for sure?

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
http://www.autodrill.com
http://www.multi-spindle-heads.com

Here is an interesting article on soda cans and about technology to print on
them.
http://www.memagazine.org/backissues...ndo/cando.html
Can you believe they can print cans at the rate of 2,400 cans a minute?

This article leads me to believe that the varnish they put over the outside
printing is different from what is sprayed on the inside to coat the can.
http://www.aluminum.org/Content/Navi...luminumCan.htm
or in TinyURL format: http://tinyurl.com/3zpro

Lane