bill a

I just checked my cheapo laser level (one of those yellow ones at Harbor
Freight for $10) and it was within 0.125" at 40'.
Pretty amazing for sighting a bubble. I moved and reset it several times
with the same results.
I thought the self leveling feature would be good, but the B&D unit for $145
didn't get near this accuracy.
I have good uses for wide or even 360° lines, so now I thinking about trying
out one of the units without the self leveling (less $).
I think a lot of it is whether the particular unit is calibrated correctly.

bill

"Sexytom976" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a sears unit that they wife bought me last year.

Its not a bad unit, just the level doesnt seem on the mark
all the time. I like the fact that I dont have to snap a chalk
line, but I always confirm the accuracy with my trusty handy
dandy 4 foot level.

Tom