Dave Plowman

Default OT - old Philips TVs, was TV fault - green hue

In article ,
tony sayer wrote:
Apart from a Philips G8? :-)

Are they *still* around?...

A G6 - now that *was* a set. ;-)

Showing our age a bit now eh Dave?.

I never hide it - rather pointless. ;-)

The G6 was my first colour set, rented from a local company then bought
from them when they gave up. Then heavily modified by myself and a couple
of BBC pals.

Anyone remember the Swedish built K7?, superb pictures and the sound was
something else too!....

A 28" Matchline version of that replaced the G6, and is still in use in
the spare room. It's a fairly late model with the full SMPS which
occasionally shuts down, and defies attempts to find the fault. Repair
kits for this sometimes come up on Ebay, so I'm still looking.

It was piggy-backed onto an order of some 40 monitor only versions bought
by Thames TV for the first series of Strike it Lucky in the '80s, and it's
not that long ago they were thrown out, so a pretty impressive life for a
domestic set bashed around in the studios.

--
*Why do psychics have to ask you for your name? *

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn