Derek Andrews

Alun Saunders wrote:
My handwriting isn't that good at the best of times, and I
suspect that using an unwieldy writing instrument as well would make the
end result worse,

Two points on this.

First, pyrography tools are not necessarily unwieldy. I use the razertip
system. The pen is similar in size to a regular pencil, though it does
have a cushion grip which makes it easier to handle and keeps your
fingers cooler.

Second, writing with one of these is not much like normal writing. In my
experience it needs to be done much slower, each part of each letter
being done as a seperate stroke. Perhaps more what one call printing.

--
Derek Andrews, woodturner

http://www.seafoamwoodturning.com
Wedding Favors ~ Artisan Crafted Gifts ~ One-of-a-Kind Woodturning