paul

"Rob Morley" wrote in message
t...
In article ,
"Ian Stirling" says...
Broadback wrote:
I had to cut through a cast iron pipe recently, masked everything,

made
a polythene tent, wore a mask, cut it with a cutting disk. Ugh, the
fine black dust got everywhere, including up my nose and in my mouth,
the taste was awful, as it was a toilet pipe I'm sure I could taste

the
sh1t, not that I had ever tasted it before. Worse of all the iron in

my
mouth reacted with my filling, it was like chewing silver paper.
By far my most unpleasant job what's yours?

IMO, nothing beats spending hours on something, getting a lovely result,

and
then completely wrecking it just as you finish.

Agreed. The output chip in my car stereo died, so I got a
replacement chip from Maplin and fitted it. Hooked it up on the bench
and it worked well, but then I knocked the metal case onto the
circuit board and the magic smoke escaped :-(
Okay, it wasn't hours of difficult work, just getting the chip and a
few minutes soldering, but I was _well_ ****ed off, and the stereo
ended up in the bin - so near and yet so far ...

"and the magic smoke escaped :-( "

LOL

"Incidentally, Edison is widely credited with the "smoke theory" of
electronics which maintains that all components in any given circuit really
operate on a minute charge of white smoke and when the component fatigues
and releases its smoke, it is rendered useless since its source of energy
has escaped."

Full story here....
http://www.g4fik.com/humour/electricity.html

Still laught at....